Summer 2021 Commercial Loans Operations Intern
Internship Framework – PNB & Denison
Park’s Commercial Loan Operations team will host one intern from Denison University in the summer of 2021. This is an opportunity to work closely with the commercial loan operations management department on various initiatives. This internship is ideal for students interested in business administration. We will customize the program to benefit the student’s field of study, and offer meaningful work that contributes to the organization and helps prepare the student for their future career.
Skills & Abilities
We are seeking a student with strong interpersonal and communication skills. This student should be motivated, driven to take initiative, and work independently. Additionally, we are looking for strong analytical skills, attention to detail, research skills, and competency with technology (especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
Work Arrangements, Schedule, and Status
The intern will be hosted during Summer 2021. A more formal start and completion date will be set when the position is offered and will be customized to the student’s availability. Park anticipates this opportunity will be a mixture of working from home and working from the office.
- Office location is Newark, Ohio.
- A reliable at home internet connection is required.
- This is a paid summer internship.
- Applications must be submitted by 5/16.
- Internship is open to the sophomore class and above.
Reporting & Performance Measurement
The selected candidate will report to the Director of Commercial Loan Operations. They will provide coaching and feedback on the student’s performance and development throughout the process, as well as one performance review during the internship period, allowing the bank to recognize the student’s contributions and giving the student valuable experience in receiving and responding to constructive feedback.
The intern will be integrated into the Commercial Loan Operations team, attending team meetings and participating in projects that have impact for the bank and afford opportunities for the student. Tasks will vary based on current priorities, but may include the following:
- Reporting structure realignment- this is an opportunity to learn process principles and change management techniques as the commercial loan operations area modifies their reporting structure.
- Technology implementation and training- a new system to originate commercial loans will be introduced later in 2021. This is an opportunity to assist with designing an adult learning program for the system rollout.
- CRA modernization- the Community Reinvestment Act is one of many federal laws that commercial banks must comply with. Changes in this law require the bank to update processes and technology. Assistance will be needed with understanding and implementing the new requirements.
- London InterbankOffered Rate (LIBOR) transition- help the bank follow market and industry trends as we navigate through the sunset of the LIBOR interest rate.
- Evaluating key risk indicators and key performance indicators- see how the bank manages performance and risk through the review of our key reporting metrics.
- Other tasks customized based on the selected student’s skill set