Position: Learning Facilitator/Intern
The facilitator will be primarily responsible for implementing and bringing to life classroom
lessons! The Facilitator will assist the Site Coordinator in conducting youth development,
educational enrichment and recreational activities that support intellectual and character
● Provide group, individual and/or whole class instruction in reading, writing and mathematics
● Collaborate in planning with the site coordinator and curriculum coordinator in instruction and assessment in the areas of Language Arts and Mathematics
● Implement lessons based on course curriculum (review lessons in advance)
● Assist with recruitment and retention of students to maintain enrollment capacity
● Administer evaluation and assessment tools
● Review student work and provide feedback
● Maintain records related to program activities
● Attend meetings and trainings as required
● Support the monitoring and supervision of students by maintaining order and ensuring safety
● Develop classroom and behavioral management skills
● Foster a positive atmosphere in the classroom
● Collaborate with school faculty
● Fulfill duties as assigned
● Successfully work with and serve a diverse local community
● Capable of strategic and innovative thinking
● Ability to understand and empathize with the needs of others
● Willingness to work daily within classroom
● High energy
● Enjoys being around school aged children, respects them as people and seeks to include them in fun learning activities
Working alongside our other three programs (as directed by program director), Universal Parenting Place, Family Stability Initiative and Greenleaf Farm to create synergies across the Knowledge Quest landscape.
First years, Sophomore and Juniors are encouraged to apply.
Selected candidates are eligible to apply for stipend funding through the Denison Internship Program (DIP).
Knowledge Quest is a non-profit organization in Memphis, Tennessee. Previously, they hosted a Breakaway Service Trip in January 2020 of which several Denison students participated. Knowledge Quest is a community social change agent in South Memphis, and their work is geared towards building healthy communities by developing programs that will help reduce poverty, school dropouts, substance abuse, teenage pregnancy, gang activities and youth violence in the southern parts of Memphis, Tennessee. Additional information about Knowledge Quest can be found here. Additionally, here is a video featuring Mr. Foster, founder and Executive Director of Knowledge Quest.